Thursday, October 20, 2011

Repairing The Brokenness

Pictures of two brothers taken on the same day hundreds of miles apart. They have never met. One is my son the other, we are trying to adopt. Whenever I have a twinge of doubt the adoption I remember my love for my own siblings. I would be very upset if I found out that I had a sibling was kept from me. The fact that these kids were taken from their birth mother is proof that this is a broken world. When we have the opportunity to mend some of that brokenness it is our responsibility as disciples of the Living God to do so.
Being an adoptive parent has been the most difficult thing I have ever done, and I would not recommend it for every one.
Everyone, however is called for a purpose and a task at every stage and season of life.
What is God calling you to?
There is brokenness all around us and we quite often find it most readily in our own lives. Our own problems, our own shame can seem too much to handle at times. But when we give ourselves to God, the distinctions we make between ourselves and others begin to disappear. The distinction between your challenges and mine fade as well and I might just be able to help you with yours an you mine. While alone we may come to a point of stagnation in dealing with our own issues, but together as a community of God, real healing is possible.
You may not know what specifically God is calling you to do, but you can certainly open yourself to loving God more; You can open yourself to loving your neighbor with less restraint.
I don't know if that judge will let us have that little boy to raise and I will be deeply grieved if we can't, but what ever the outcome, I will continue to be in awe of the love that God has shown me.
It's nearly mid-night on Thursday night an my wife will be landing in Detroit soon. Can't wait to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment